• Hand-picked by Ogilvy Regional CD Asia to write Dove ‘Campaign for Real Beauty’ print ads
• Hired as the sole Brand Writer for the entire Hong Kong Disneyland park launch
• Progressed at four leading ad agencies, also drawing insights from previous business career
• Versatile in voice, brand and media
Background covers advertising, apps, AdWords/PPC, SEO, mobile, social media, websites, print, DM, TV voiceover scripts; particular strengths in B2B, B2C, financial and long copy.
My rare blend of creative, business and tech experience includes:
1. Copy and Creative roles at JWT, Wunderman, Bates/141, and OgilvyOne (Hong Kong)
2. Co-founded/Co-managed an LA record company, later selling out to a small Disney division
3. Led Exxon Lubricant’s China Market-entry Logistics project (on time & budget)
4. Achieved rare GMAT results prior to MBA, high in both creative and analytical thought
5. Led team of volunteer firefighters (sorry, calendar still in Photoshop)
A quick testimonial
Regional Creative Group Head / Senior Creative Partner at Bates-Asia: “Barry’s life is rich enough to dig deep and find answers to questions within the toughest of briefs. Self-effacing wit and strong work ethic. Hire him.”
By the way, I hope I haven’t been too bombastic. I’ve seen sites where copywriters tactlessly beat their chests, spouting “I’m the greatest!” and such — then blatantly push you to contact them, like telling you to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for powerful, different, insightful concepts and copy. Disgusting.
Which reminds me…one last word, from Ogilvy’s Regional CD for Unilever, Asia: “Steps up to the plate. Finishes mission impossible. If you’re looking for a copywriter who’s going to be there when you really need him, you need Barry.”
I’d be happy to hear from you at email@example.com.